Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  NewsNews  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome to the GW site!
ALL GW members need to reply to this topic. Not replying may result in removal from clan.
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Brothers......Its been too long.
Explainations..... Emptyby MalFunctioning Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:23 pm

» ...crickets
Explainations..... Emptyby *NY**WaRpOtHeClOwN Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:14 pm

» Hey there, all!
Explainations..... Emptyby erbal Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:30 pm

» Hey everybody
Explainations..... Emptyby odin Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:02 am

» a little bit of old time fun
Explainations..... Emptyby erbal Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:03 pm

» Hello =GW=
Explainations..... Emptyby SgtCanard8 Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:25 pm

» "Hello?!, anybody alive out there?"
Explainations..... Emptyby odin Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:35 pm

» Hey guys, i'm back
Explainations..... Emptyby Hookatore Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:14 pm

» MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!
Explainations..... Emptyby SoulSlayer Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:12 pm

» Been a while
Explainations..... Emptyby Dleadlybreadv2 Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:46 am

» Whats up!!!!!!!
Explainations..... Emptyby SoulSlayer Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:55 pm

» What's up bros.
Explainations..... Emptyby all4 Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:18 am

» Greetings friends!
Explainations..... Emptyby Gheist_V2 Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:17 pm

» !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Explainations..... Emptyby Darkne55 Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:22 pm

» hey venomineed10letterstopostthistopic
Explainations..... Emptyby odin Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:40 pm

» EA was hacked
Explainations..... Emptyby erbal Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:10 pm

» coming along nicely now
Explainations..... Emptyby gw screengems Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:27 pm

» Scrimmageeeee
Explainations..... Emptyby gw screengems Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:23 pm

» Sure Do Miss Everyone...
Explainations..... Emptyby MalFunctioning Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:07 pm

» china hacker gets pwnd
Explainations..... Emptyby erbal Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:28 pm

Explainations.....

Go down 
+3
MalFunctioning
Darkne55
Logan Williams
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Logan Williams

Explainations..... Empty
PostSubject: Explainations.....   Explainations..... EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 11:54 pm

I mentioned to Hobo that I didn't like some DM guy on Hardcore knife. He said "heh, seems you don't like alot of people."

I probably do seem like a royal asshole most of the time. It's mostly not my like nor dislike of people though. I'm opinionated as hell......well, not really, but I'm sure it seems either one or the other.....asshole/opinionated.

Let me start by saying there are only a handful of things that get under my skin. First and foremost it's people who think they're all that and let others know it. I'm not now, nor will I ever be as good at knife as some people. I know this, others know this, the ones talking the shit apparently are missing something in their real lives to feel they need to rub it in. I dislike 'those' people. (never had a problem with >anyone< in =GW= doing this. Think about what I've said and people I've said I dislike and you'll see choralation (spelling?)) >>>Some of you might feel you fit this category. There is a difference between banter and shit. Any of =GW= I've seen this from has been for former and not the latter<<<

Tags...... and Shane, I owe you an apology about starting this conversation on Hardcore.

I was probably spoined when joining =ZIN=. A month of =MSr= tags and then =ZIN=, just like everyone else. I did try being in =GW= on a couple of different occasions. The reason I didn't stay =GW= was the home server being on the West Coast and having a GAKU style ping to it. Then =KLRS= asked me to join and I briefly went with them as well. Then they started this =KLR$= or $$KLRS$$ and misc. tag bullshit. "Well, this guy is a server admin, he should be able to have something different." I was VERY disappointed when =GW= followed suit and went with =GW G()d= or how the hell ever it's written. Maybe I shouldn't care, but I do. When you ask someone to join a clan, or choose to accept them in you're, in essence, saying "We respect or like you enough to accept you into our group." But then the tags fucks that up and adds to the previous quote. "Well, you're in the group, but here is a reminder of this person's status versus YOUR status."

To that I say "Motherfucker, want a different tag, start your own clan."

Members know who is who when in a clan. Folks outside of a clan should be presented with a unified facing, it's more professional looking that way too.

Old-timers cry about 'how the community is going to shit'. The whole time, they're stacking teams, pointing out to lesser skilled that they'll never be 'as skilled', and should a newcomer be good enough to join a clan, told 'Well, you're still different. See? My tag penis is bigger.' It's a wonder anyone new wants to knife at all.

In closing I'll say that I'm seriously considering wearing =KLRS= tags in some scrimmage. I don't want to have to. I don't like knifing against friends.....which I consider both =GW= and =KLRS= to be. Look at the bright side, as rusty as I am, =GW= isn't missing out on much by me being on the opposite side. Maybe that's why I'm as crotchety as I am lately, plus I'm getting old Sad

Back to top Go down
Logan Williams

Explainations..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Explainations.....   Explainations..... EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 11:57 pm

Anyway, there you have it. Detailed insight to why I aqpparently like and dislike people and ideals. I think that I can honestly say those are THE things that drive my reasoning in who I like and dislike in 2142.

Admin Edit: Please do not double post. Thank you. (owned)
Back to top Go down
Darkne55
Admin
Admin
Darkne55

Explainations..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Explainations.....   Explainations..... EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 3:20 pm

LoganWilliams opinionated?!! Get out of here! I don't believe that for even a minute. Well I've got to say that I usually consider your comments the opinions of an asshole! Twisted Evil But seriously I agree with most of what your post says. Arrogant big mouthed players with skill...I see the Correlation. <--Correct spelling. I also notice that those players usually have a certain amount of shady bs connected to them. Let he who is without sin cast the first stone huh?

Moving on...lets discuss the matter of the =GW= G()Ds tags. It is my understanding that those tags are reserved for the OGW's. As it were. Original GW members. Not being one of them I don't wear the tags, nor do I resent anyone for doing so. I do agree with your point though, about having a uniform tag for the entire clan. But, at the same time, even in the military there are different groups, for lack of a better word. For example the color guard, rangers, airborne, special forces, etc. They are all army, but they wear different patches/tags. Every soldier is aware that they are on the same "team", the difference in the patches is there only to tell others what they specialize in. Or in the =GW= G()Ds case, how long they've been around.

Shortly after joining GW I had a discussion with Shane about the recruit tags. I never wore them as a courtesy to me extended by GW. But I feel as you do that there doesn't need to be a night and day difference between recruit tags and full member tags. I don't remember what GW's recruit tags were, but Shane agreed with me without my having to debate with him at all. (pushover) The results of that discussion were that the new recruits should be made to feel welcome, and the new recruit tags shouldn't be a scarlet letter for the rest of the community to see. The differences between the recruit and full member tags are minimal, and I feel that we succeeded in accomplishing what it was that we were attempting to do. Which is making new members feel more like they're a part of GW, but still making it apparent to full members who the new recruits are.

Full GW tags: =GW=

Recruit tags: -GW-

In closing I'd like to say, why be a
=Knife Loving Rebel Scumbag=
when you could be a
=God of War=

Peace!!
Darkne55
Back to top Go down
MalFunctioning
=GW= Head
=GW= Head
MalFunctioning

Explainations..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Explainations.....   Explainations..... EmptySat Nov 13, 2010 2:05 am

Firstly, I would like to say, the quote, "Tag Penis is Bigger" Has gotta be the funniest thing ive heard in a long time...

Secondly, I want to commend both of you for communicating your thoughts and feelings on this issue so eloquently. I dislike reading long-ass rants here in the forum. However, both the post and reply had a tremendous amount of intelligence enveloped within them.

Thirdly, I agree with both of you on all issues.

Finally, when i was recruited into the =GW=, i had to wear the =GWr= tags. I wore them a good month or so. Also, i was very limited to what i could do via the "in-game admin commands".
But as time progressed, I slowly gained the trust of the OGW's. I did this by not being a "Power-Hungry Clan Jumper" like so many out there are. I was dedicated and true to the =GW= brothers. In fact, this is the only clan i have belonged to, and will be the only clan i will ever belong to. Until i get too old to game(probably won't happen. i'm 43 now. and still going) or they come and they shut us down. but i digress...

Logan, you have every right to be upset about how most clans out there treat their young. I would be. However you have to understand that not everyone in a specific clan acts or treats their recruits this way. From my experiences, the treatment of others in the manner you mentioned comes from the adolescent members within the clans. Also, these are the same individuals that hop from one clan to the next. I personally am leary of recruiting these kids into the =GW=. For their track record tells one that they wont be here long.
Back to top Go down
Logan Williams

Explainations..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Explainations.....   Explainations..... EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 9:11 am

It's not so much recruiting Mal. I mean Christ, I had to wear ManSex recruit (MSr) tags for a month prior to being allowed to wear =ZIN= tags. Probably one of the reasons it's so hard for me to move past them even now that the clan is essentially defunct.

It's just my personal opinion that "ranked" tags have no place externally. Forums.....if you want to make a "My Clan-Man-Tool is bigger than yours" tags, great.
Back to top Go down
haqeye
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter
haqeye

Explainations..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Explainations.....   Explainations..... EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 10:25 pm

Most of the new recruits I haven't knifed. My Fucking DVDRW drive is fried.

These kids need some skill stabbed into em'

Haq - Out
Back to top Go down
http://www.haq-eye.deviantart.com
MiSFiRE
Professional Knifer
Professional Knifer
MiSFiRE

Explainations..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Explainations.....   Explainations..... EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 1:38 am

=GW=G()D was originally for original members. Then it became a head admin thing. Now I have no clue as I have seen Justin wearing them.
Back to top Go down
erbal
=GW= G()D
=GW= G()D
erbal

Explainations..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Explainations.....   Explainations..... EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 2:14 pm

who's justin
i guessing he doesnt deserve them
Back to top Go down
ShaneWarily
Clan Leader
Clan Leader
ShaneWarily

Explainations..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Explainations.....   Explainations..... EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 7:44 pm

Yeah the 'G()D' tags were for head admin back when there were actually clans knifing....now I think its just us =GW= and the misc riff raff that want a piece of us on occasion - as far as 2142 knifing goes.....NOW anything after =GW= is up to the individual player. So if someone is sporting the '=GW=G()D' tags it's just because they like the way it looks or whatever, has nothing to do with rank.
Back to top Go down
http://thegwgwar.com
Sponsored content

Explainations..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Explainations.....   Explainations..... Empty

Back to top Go down

Explainations.....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: BF2142 - Public Discussion :: General Discussion-
Jump to: